Back to Top
- Promote the use of operational ocean modelling with key stakeholders
- Engage with the key user stakeholders to maximise uptake of Ocean Prediction products and services.
- With stakeholders, identify the UK’s priorities for ocean predictions
- Identify gaps and deficiencies in services and products, and prioritise these in relation to stakeholder needs and the delivery of specific impacts
- Help inform the observational community on the observations (types and locations) needed by marine modelling and assimilation to meet these priorities.
- Conduct joint scientific research
- Ensure scientific endeavours are directed towards the joint priority goals of Ocean Prediction and delivery to stakeholders through jointly coordinated and delivered programmes
- Horizon scan future research and development to ensure it meets developing needs. Deliver joint publications and other scientific/technical output.
- Joint development of actionable model-based products and services
- Work together to produce model based products and added-value advice and interpretation of these
- These products include hindcast, reanalysis, analysis, forecast (days-seasons) and future projections (decades-centuries), as well as Rapid Environmental Assessments and Case studies.
- Work together to generate the underpinning revenue to help support the above activities
- Develop proposals through existing and novel funding routes, including the engagement with funding bodies to help direct calls and announcements of opportunities
- Work with both Research funding and End-User funding routes, with the general objective being to align these funding avenues with the core business of our organisations
- Work at building connections between our respective business development groups, so that they can seek public, NGO and commercial sector exploitation of partners products and services.